Sunday, November 11, 2012

Bonjour Québec...

And so we arrived at the last stop of our road trip, Quebec City. Ahhh.... I was happy to finally breathe some city air.  I mean shop.


One of the reasons I really wanted to stop at Quebec City, other than the shopping, was because I had heard about their aquarium. I have a real soft spot for aquariums (aquaria?). I can't bear zoos, but there's something very calming for me about being surrounded by sea animals. In glass boxes, of course.

We took the free shuttle bus from our hotel that goes to the aquarium (by way of the humongous shopping mall which I did NOT get to see)... Mark and G look amazing in this shot, but why is his head eight times the size of hers? Mark must have run the shot through some crazy head shrink app.



There was a cool jellyfish exhibit at the aquarium...


A stingray pool where you could reach in and touch them as they swam by...





This guy's face was so human and he was glued up against the tank. People were photographing him like crazy, you'd have thought he was Daniel Craig.


There was a fun walrus show. Mark got this awesome shot of a big exhale.


And here's Gabrielle tiptoeing through the bullrushes...


Later that day, Mark and Isaac went exploring, checking out the canons and other war stuff that litter the old city.


While G and I went.... shopping! She loved this candy-covered bicycle. Who wouldn't? We went, of course, to Simon's - the mothership being in Quebec City. Gabrielle came into the changing room with me while I was trying on several pairs of pants. It was our first time shopping together for me but she was actually pretty helpful. I tried on a pair of jeans and asked her what she thought. She said: "how do they feel around the tummy? Are they too tight? Do you think you can sit down in them comfortably?" She basically started asking me all the questions I always ask her whenever she's the one trying on clothes. Funny hearing it all parroted back at me. Man, I'm annoying.


We really enjoyed our short, two-night stay in la belle province. Great road trip, guys! Let's do it again next year!

No comments: