Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen and Boys and Girls: Toopy and Binoo!!!

Toopy and Binoo has been Gabrielle's favourite cartoon since she could say the words Toopy and Binoo. When I heard they were coming to the National Arts Centre, it was clear we would have to go.

The sign below speaks the truth - apparently these TV show live tours are really about pushing expensive merchandise on captive parents and children. Luckily, I managed to convince Gabrielle that I would buy her a better Toopy and Binoo when I was in Montreal (which I did - it wasn't better, but it was cheaper).


Here we are in the balcony, waiting for the big event to start. Gabrielle was so excited before it started, she seemed to emit a type of humming sound.


Here's the view from the cheap seats:


And here's what we saw. A terrible, terrible show. Even she thought so. Four thumbs down. But we're not holding it against the TV show - it's still a squeal-worthy event when it comes on.

No comments: