Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day four - cute outfit, sad baby


At this point in the trip, we learned a valuable lesson about travelling with babies: take it down a notch or live to regret it. Gabrielle was in a miserable mood all day, despite the incredibly cute outfit she was wearing from the Takeshimaya sale rack. 



Mark went off on his own shopping for records in the Village, while Gabrielle and I strolled around the Lower East Side, the Village, and Soho. I had envisioned us stopping at some cute cafĂ© to have lunch and relax, but Gabrielle would burst into tears anytime I even slowed down, so I had to keep on walk walk walking. She had one of her legs up in the air for most of the afternoon. I have no idea what that's about, but I now take it as a very ominous sign. We realized that we would have to scale back our sightseeing and give her more home time after this nightmarish day. 

No comments: