Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Day seven - downtown again


This being our last day in New York, we decided to take it easy and stroll around the lower part of the island. I haven't been to the World Trade Center site since before September 11, so that was our first stop. Not much to see except alot of tourists waving their arms around.



We went back to Little Italy to take part of the festival of San Somebody (gotta find out who it is), i.e. eat more food. Pizza, of course, as well as a sausage sandwich for Mark and a bracciole (pork roll-up thingy) for me. I was told to go to a funky rice pudding shop (huh?) in the area - Rice to Riches. After sampling a couple of flavours, I decided on Plain. It was good, but look at the ginormous size of the smallest serving they offer. Gabrielle and I managed to finish it off, but it wasn't easy.

No comments: